lostmus_27 Lynde Street  978-825-0222. Legend has it that the museum was originally built by a wealthy Salem Merchant who gathered “strange oddities” and mythical objects from around the world. It was believed lost in the 1914 Salem Fire, but Gallows Hill recently discovered a single room containing artifacts from the Merchants collection, a portrait of the Merchant and some strange oddities. After some preparation, the room is now open for viewing. But beware… for supernatural forces are at work. Many may enter, but not all will leave… The Lost Museum